Imago Techmedia Ltd is registered in England and Wales under Company No. 04865455. VAT No. GB 843 8456 01
Registered Office: Bedford House, Fulham Green, 69-79 Fulham High Street, London, SW6 3JW, United Kingdom
Business Address: Imago Techmedia, 2C Bedford House, Fulham Green, 69-79 Fulham High Street, London, SW6 3JW, United Kingdom
Imago Techmedia is a subsidiary of Clarion Events Limited
UC EXPO 2017 concludes with a study of the future of UC and the need for disruption
Thursday 18 May 2017
UC EXPO 2017 concluded at ExCeL London today with a focus on the future of Unified Communications (UC) and disruptive new innovations in the industry.
Kicking off the day was keynote speaker Snorre Kjesbu, VP/GM Cisco Collaboration End Points Technology Group at Cisco. Kjesbu delved into the importance of collaboration in our working environments, how IT leaders can better support collaboration and the role of disruption in enabling teams to get more done faster. Kjesbu also took the time to showcase Cisco Spark Board, a team collaboration device that combines wireless presentation capabilities, digital white boarding, and video conferencing.
Continuing with the need for disruption, Adrian May, Lead Programmer at Kazendi, brought Microsoft’s innovative HoloLens to the stage. Illustrating why this new mixed reality technology is changing how companies approach the workplace environment. Whilst, Blair Pleasant, President and Principal Analytst at COMMfusion, hosted a lively panel debate looking at the future of UC with Andrew Maher of Avaya, Kerri Hollis of Microsoft’s Skype for Business and Tormod Ree of Cisco.
Commenting on UC EXPO 2017, Bradley Maule-ffinch, EMEA Portfolio Director for UC EXPO, said: “Once again our exhibitors and speakers have helped to make this year’s UC EXPO a huge success. We’ve had great attendance at the show again today, and our speakers have delivered some thought provoking and insightful seminar sessions on technology which is set to transform the way we work. We’re looking forward to seeing everyone again next year for UC EXPO 2018 here at ExCeL.”
Additional highlights fromDay Two at UC EXPO, which encompasses technology across Cloud and UcaaS, Network Monitoring, Analytics, Security and Mobility, included:
- A look at the workplace of the future with Michael Affronti, VP of Product at Fuze, and how the current view of the office will be redefined
- A study of why the crux of UC&C adoption is about making it individual, personal and simple for users, with Graham Walsh, Pexip Ninja and Director of Solutions Architecture at Pepix
- A joint presentation from Microsoft, Logitech and Polycom on how Microsoft can be used in the meeting room
- A view of catering for millennials in the workplace with Pete Malcolm of MultiTaction
- A look at why security is key with communications devices with Tom Moreton of Context Information Security
UC EXPO 2018 returns to ExCeL London on 16th and 17th May 2018. For more information, please visit www.ucexpo.com , or get involved on Twitter following @UCEXPO or the #UCEXPO hashtag.