New Call Flow Service and Chat Features in V16 Update 1 Beta
Hot on the heels of 3CX v16, Update 1 Beta has just been released with some major improvements: enhanced Web Client Chat functionality and an upgraded Call Flow Service to take advantage of the new v16 scripting engine and Call Flow Designer (CFD) combo.
More Chat Features
Update 1 Beta enables you to take charge of your messaging with the upgraded chat functionality. Building on the innovative combination of the 3CX Live Chat & Talk plugin and the “Chat” function, the Web Client is now even more powerful with:
- Updated Chat to Queue: A chat message from a website visitor to a queue auto-creates a group chat with logged in agents. Agents can then respond to your web visitor’s requests as a group until one takes ownership of the conversation.
- Take Chat Ownership: Queue agents receiving visitor chats via the 3CX Live Chat & Talk plugin, can now use the convenient “Take” chat action and handle the conversation directly without involving the other agents. Taking ownership of the chat discussion, also automatically enables the “Call” button for the visitor on your website.
- Transfer Chat: Users and agents handling web visitor chats can now select the “Transfer” action in the chat menu and select the extension to handover the conversation to.
- Archive Conversation: The new “Archive” action adds the ability to move a chat conversation out of view, thus de-cluttering your chat view. Expect further functionality updates to archived chat conversations with upcoming releases.
- New Discussion Icons: Intuitive new icons enable you to better distinguish between chat discussions with web visitors and user groups.
- Respond via Email: Conveniently click on a web visitor’s email address, sent online or via the offline form, to reply or send info via email even after the chat session has ended or your web visitor left.
The 3CX Live Chat & Talk plugin gets its fair share of our development team’s attention and now includes a pop-out mode. This new user experience feature enables your visitors to keep browsing your website and use the chat feature when needed.
Next Generation Call Flow Service & CFD
The much-awaited upgrade to the 3CX Call Flow Apps Service is included in Update 1 Beta, enabling you to create new or migrate existing apps with the new CFD. The Call Flow Apps Service is now stable and available in 3CX v16 on Debian / Raspbian Linux and Windows with:
Full V16 compatibility for generated CFD apps.
New and updated components to enable next-generation Call Flow Apps take advantage of v16 innovative features.
Easy CFD project migration to V16 for existing V15.5 apps using our guide or our Project Migration How-To video.
Known Issues & Requirements
Upon successful installation of V16 Update 1 Beta, a database-level conversion of existing chats needs to be performed. The “Chat” function will remain unavailable in the 3CX Apps until this conversion is completed.
How to Upgrade
Click on “Updates” in the Management Console’s Dashboard, select “v16 Update 1 Beta” and click on “Download Selected” to install this update on your PBX.